Duck Eggs | Organic | Local
Looking for authentic Duck Eggs in Charlotte, NC or Ballantyne? We feature only Willow Creek Duck Eggs from Waxhaw, NC. Willow Creek offers fresh eggs from our free ranging ducks. Their ducks are fed a locally grown, organic, non-GMO, non-soy feed from a feed mill in NC. In addition they grow organic greens as treats and supplements to their diet.
Duck eggs contain…
more Vitamins A, B12, and D, Omega-3 fatty acids
Higher protein egg whites than a chicken egg
Baking and cooking with duck eggs
- The high protein content in the egg whites causes baked goods to rise higher.
- They are generally 30% larger than a chicken egg.
- Use them 1:1 for fluffier baked goods
- Use them 3:2 for a more exact measurement
- When whipping duck egg whites add a little lemon juice to help them whip better
- Duck eggs have a longer shelf life than chicken eggs due to the thicker shell and membrane.