Monkfish in Lemon Butter Wine Sauce
Very Simple Monkfish Recipe. I had something similar in Venice Italy. I have been searching forever for a monkfish recipe with no luck. In fact I became rather intimidated as most sites I found info on said Monkfish was difficult to prepare. So I made this one up Myself. My family love it. The cooking and ingredient quantities are estimated as I just threw everything together & this was the 1st time I made this.
- 1 1⁄2lbs monkfish fillets (2 filets about 1-inch to 1 1/2′ thick) from the Carolina Meat & Fish Co
- 3⁄4cup butter
- 3 tablespoons white wine
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4teaspoon salt
- Cover broiling pan (at least 1/4″ deep) with foil. Heat broiler to Low.
- Place Monkfish Fillets in pan & season with salt & pepper.
- Slice sticks of butter in 1/8″ pieces & lay on top of fish.
- Sprinkle lemon & wine over fish.
- Sprinkle fish with parsley.
- Place in broiler for aprox. 15 to 30 min (I am not sure of the time as I was not paying that much attention to it). I just checked the fish every few minute & took out of oven when fish started to flake.